From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Time To Kick It Up...Outlaw Style


Coming out of Tampa, today's taste is more proof of the incredible talent that came out of the south in the 70s. Legend has it, when they opened for Lynyrd Skynyrd in 1974, Ronnie Van Zant of Skynyrd yelled out to Clive Davis who was in the audience. “If you don’t sign the Outlaws, you’re the dumbest music person I’ve ever met—and I know you’re not.”  Indeed, they signed with Arista Records under Clive Davis.


The Outlaws featured heavy guitars, thunderous bass and plenty of drum work. Good old kick ass southern rock.


Let's take a taste of a few fine examples.


"Hurry Sundown"
"There Goes Another Love Song"

and a killer cover of
"Ghost Riders in the Sky"

Music on a Saturday afternoon doesn't get better than this.

.

2 comments:

  1. cool,great choice.3 axmen ripping away.Great selection for a saturday afternoon snack.Keep them coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!!! Anybody given the seal of approval by Ronnie Van Zant is OK in my book!

    ReplyDelete